Time is Relative
What would be a long wait for service in other parts of the country, especially on either the East or West coast, is the standard time in the south and, more specifically, Mississippi. Relax. Take your time. If you are in a hurry, then show up early or chain fast food.
April 21, 2022 (Thursday)
The main festival starts on Saturday, so we used Thursday to explore Clarksdale, MS.
- We had breakfast at Grandma's House of Pancakes in Clarksdale. We had great service, and the food was excellent.
- Clarksdale Juke Joint Street Scenes - 04.21.2022
- Clarksdale Juke Joint Street Musicians - 04.21.2022
- We went to the Delta Blues Museum and plan on spending at least two hours here. No photographs are allowed inside the
- We had lunch at Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale.
- Later we had dinner at Levon's Bar and Grill.
April 22, 2022 (Friday)
We took a day trip on Friday to areas around Clarksdale.
- B. B. King Museum - April 2022
- We were looking for someplace for lunch and decided to ask the B. B. King Museum staff what they recommended. They sent us to Betty's Place. A wonderful dinner in Indianola, which is very close to the museum. Outside was a large smoker that was full of meat being smoked. The menu was down-home southern cooking, and it was excellent.
- Blue Front Cafe - 04.23.2022
- Emmett Till Memorial
April 23, 2022 (Saturday)
Juke Joint Festival day! There are many street stages set up in downtown Clarksdale. Most of the musicians have one-hour sets.
- James "Super Chikan" Johnson
- Garry Burnside - 04.23.2021
- Duwayne Burnside - 04.23.2022
- Jimmy "Duck" Holmes - 04.23.2022
- Watermelon Slim and the Truckers - 04.23.2022
April 24, 2022 (Sunday)
We went back for one last day of music and visiting Clarksdale.