After posting that I am a cynic people might get the idea that I am a very depressing person. I do suffer from bipolar so I do get depressed on occasion. I am also very grateful for many people, experiences and things in my life. So here goes with my list:
- I am grateful for God sent His Son Jesus Christ to save me from sin and death.
- I am grateful for being disciplined by many Christians and most especially from my Lutheran sisters and brothers.
- I am grateful for Benjamin. I am very proud of my son. He is turning into a fine young man. I am so pleased that he has grown into faith in Jesus Christ.
- I am grateful for Catalina. Her loving and kind spirit is a testament to her namesake, my grandmother Catalina. Catalina is a very deep and I think spiritual young woman.
- I am grateful for Trudy. She has been a loving and supportive friend and spouse.
- I am grateful for being born in the United States of America. I know being born here gives me advantages that many other people in the world don't have.
- I am grateful for my parents, they instilled me with an excellent work ethic.
- I am grateful for my dad, he taught me to reach for the stars. He also taught me how to be realistic in my goals.
- I am grateful for my mom, she was there when I was bullied for being Hispanic.
- I am grateful for Papa looking at my photographs and asking "So what is the point of this photograph?" Papa you really sharpened my eye. Thank you.
- I am grateful for Nana because I always felt your love when we came to your house. I will never forget when we (myself and my cousins) were in your house in Florida and we told you we were going out to some bar to listen to music, because you said "Be careful in that speakeasy." At that moment we all knew that you had been in more than one 'speakeasy' in your time.
- I am grateful for my grandpa Rito for taking me fishing when I was a kid. I also remember when we had to pull the radiator out of our station wagon and put it back in. You never yelled or got upset when I had a hard time holding the radiator.
- I am grateful for my grandma Catalina because we were able to communicate pure love through our hugs, kisses, smiles and gentleness. Your not being able to speak English and my inability to speak Spanish did not hinder the love we shared.
- I am grateful for my many friends. I am afraid if I start to list them I will forget someone important.
- I am especially grateful for my best friend Jerry. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't think of you my friend. I wish I had called and spent more time the last few years together. One day my friend we will be together in heaven together.
- I am especially grateful for Terri. Terri your love, care and gentle way helped bring me to faith in Jesus. I can never thank you enough for that.
- I am grateful for Benjamin J. Ben your honesty about who you were, how you became a Christian and how much you cared about me cracked open the door for the Holy Spirit to gain a foothold in my heart.
- I am grateful for being able to reconnect with my friend Lynne. Thank you for trusting me Lynne.
- I am grateful for having a great career (so far). As a software developer I got to work on some of the most amazing systems that a developer could ever hope to work on. Along the way I have meet some of the best people you could imagine.
- I am grateful for my current position.
- I am grateful for having been a "high tech migrant" worker because I have lived in Albuq. NM, Dallas TX, Tampa FL, Phoenix AZ, Twin Cities MN, Topeka KS, and back to the Twin Cities. This opportunity has given me a perspective about the USA that very few other people have.
- I am grateful that I have visited Hawaii three times.
- I am grateful that I have seen and hiked half-way down the Grand Canyon.
- I am grateful for seeing the Atlantic and Pacific ocean. I have also enjoyed the Gulf of Mexico.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to see and listen to so many great blues musicians.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to photograph so many great blues musicians.
- I am grateful for having the money, drive and helpful friends so that I could learn how to play the guitar.
- I am grateful for the Sat. morning jam.
- I am grateful that I have owned a 1966 Fastback Mustang. That was an experience I will never have again.
- I am grateful that I currently own a 2002 Subaru WRX. It is as cool of a car as my Mustang ever was and it is a lot safer to drive.
- I am grateful that I am in a place where I can get the treatment I need for my mental health.
- I am grateful for being in recovery.
I may think of other things that I am grateful and I might add to this at a later date.
So what are you grateful for?