Shutting down JC Disciples Site
Over the years I have maintained the JC Disciples website and put up a lot of content, especially photographs. I am shutting down this site for a number of reasons.
There have been two major upgrades to Joomla and I have not been able to upgrade to those versions because:
- My current ISP won't upgrade the underlying software needed to support the upgrades
- Moving to a new ISP is a lot of work
- Upgrading from the current version of the site to a new version which is two major revisions past the one I have is very hard
- The majority of this site has been photographs. Unfortunately all of those photographs take up a great deal of disk space which is a major cost.
- To buy the throughput needed to maintain this site is also expensive
When I started this site I intended to write more about my Christian faith and I haven't spent very much time writing about my faith. The fact of the matter is I don't have much to say about my Christian faith anymore. I am still a Christian and I want to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ but I don't have enough to say about that topic to feel like the domain name jcdisciples.org meets me where I am at and presents me in a transparent manner.
My new site, davidtannen.com, will focus on my life in a broad sense. It will more honestly reflect my current interests and thoughts.